Information We Collect
When you visit our website, our web server automatically recognizes your domain name and e-mail address (where possible) and may also collect other information such as IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information. We use “cookies” to record session information, such as web pages you have visited, web browser type and version information and items you have added to your shopping cart and/or purchased. Cookies are also used to record past online activities, such as dates and times of your prior visits and/or your purchases and participation in online training courses and examinations. You may be able to opt-out of the cookies delivered through our website by changing the settings on your Internet browser. Depending on your privacy settings, please be aware that this may disable all cookies delivered to your browser, not just the ones delivered through our website.
When you submit information to our website, email us, call us or write us, we receive and store that information. Examples of the type of information you may provide to us are: your email address, telephone number, physical address, account user name, account password, content of emails and instant messages you have sent us, responses to survey questions, site registrations comments posted in our forums, and if you purchase products or services from us, billing information and your credit card number. You can choose to not provide this information, however, you may then not have access to certain features of our website, such as accessing Otis™, our online training and information system, or purchasing products or services.
Our website allows you to connect with us through certain social media platforms, including Facebook. If you connect with us in this manner, we may collect personal information that you make available to us through these social media platforms, including your account ID. We will only collect and use that information to the extent that such collection and use is permitted under the privacy policies of the social media platform. You should review the privacy policies of the social media platform before using it in connection with our website.
Our website and the services available through our website are not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children, including children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected children’s personal information, we will delete it from our system.
How We Use Your Information
The information we collect is used to:
- Customize our website content to enhance your user experience, provide you with better service when you return to our website and improve the content of our website.
- Provide you with information you specifically request, product support and customer service, whether through the live chat feature, the contact us feature or otherwise and to provide you with services within Otis, if you are an account holder.
- Contact you regarding new products or services or upcoming events offered by us or by our business partners. If you decide you do not want to continue receiving information about new products, services or events, please let us know by contacting us, changing your settings within Otis, or unsubscribing from our emails. You can unsubscribe either by responding directly to an email from us or through Manage eSubscriptions.
We may also disclose information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- To service providers who are under contract with us in order to assist with our business operations, such as credit card processing, analytics, mail delivery, product order fulfillment and bill collection.
- To business partners who are under contract with us where either you or the organization or entity through which your Otis account has been issued has given us express permission to share your information and subject to an obligation to keep your personal information confidential.
- From time to time we may be involved in some form of business transfer, whether it is a merger, acquisition or some form of asset sale. In connection with such activity, user information, including your personal information, may be provided to entities and advisors involved in the business transfer, subject to an obligation to keep your personal information confidential.
- We may disclose or share non-personal information in an aggregated and de-identified form with our business partners and other third parties as we deem appropriate or necessary. Among other things, we may disclose non-personal information to third parties to help us determine how people use parts of websites and who our users are so we can improve our website and our product and service offerings.
Changing or Updating Your Information
You can obtain access to the information we currently have on file for you and/or correct inaccuracies in such information by making a written request to us at our physical address listed below, by emailing us or you can update your information within Otis if you are an account holder. For your protection, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity before providing you access to your personal information. You can also update your information by signing in to Otis.
How We Protect Your Information
We have security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you. When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information online, such as financial information, we redirect visitors to a secure server. However, due to computer hackers, electronic malfunctions, and other events, we cannot guarantee that such safeguards will always protect such information.
Certain portions of our website, such as Otis, are only accessible by registered users who have an account with us. Your account can only be accessed by entering the correct password. You are solely responsible for protecting your password and you should not share your password or personal information with others.
You can contact us by email, telephone or by U.S. Mail. When you contact us, please provide us with your contact information and a detailed description of your request or privacy concern. Please provide us with your exact name, address, telephone number, and email address at the time of your request.
Health and Safety Institute
Attn: Quality Assurance
1450 Westec Drive
Eugene, OR 97402
Copyright © 2010-2014 Health and Safety Institute (HSI). All rights reserved.
Last Updated: January 14, 2014