Grand Rapids, Michigan
This position is responsible for follow-up and support related to the OTIS learning management system (LMS) for the HSI family of brands (ASHI, MEDIC First Aid, 24-7 EMS and Fire, Summit Training Source, Safetec and WorkSafe Canada).
- Answer inquiries from customers with questions on OTIS, which powers our online training programs. Support may include simple tasks such as password resets or a complete walk through on the use of the LMS.
- Conduct onboarding calls to customers who sign on with HSI and use OTIS to assign training. Calls would involve a walk-through of the system and familiarizing the customer with our ongoing support services.
- Review, troubleshoot, respond to and follow-up on Help Desk tickets.
- Create Help Desk tickets to report issues or bugs.
- Take on special projects such as working with course authorship tools or writing and revising help documentation.
- Work with a specific group of high-priority accounts to ensure Help Desk tickets are properly documented, researched and assigned.
- Perform user testing for new feature releases and report findings to management.
- Work effectively with other departments or partners towards the best resolution for an issue.
- Provide management with details about issues that can be handled more seamlessly with modifications and/or process/operational improvements.
- Inform management and team about new developments that may impact current customer base.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of phone support experience, preferably in a high-volume call center.
- 1+ year(s) of technical experience, preferably working in a Help Desk capacity with tickets.
- Use or understanding of online learning management systems beneficial.
- Proven track record of handling escalated client issues with positive resolution results.
- Ability to comfortably navigate web-based data systems.
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently and be productive even if no active assignments are assigned.
- Comfort with multi-tasking and working on several projects at once.
- Outstanding phone presence and ability to communicate technical concepts effectively.
- Strong technical writing and/or documentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize a large amount of work and set realistic goals and deadlines for project completion.
- Ability to work well with others, both across departments and within a larger team.
- Advanced English language proficiency required; Spanish beneficial.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Understanding of Internet technologies and a strong technical aptitude to troubleshoot browser issues.
- Patience and understanding for customers that have various levels of computer experience.
- Experience with online training tools either personally or professionally desired.