Western United States
This position is an outside sales role and is responsible for targeting, promoting and selling HSI’s solutions to customers in their assigned geographic territory. The successful candidate will manage an assigned territory and ensure existing customer relationships are maintained and new customer relationships are developed and grown. The National Sales Executive (NSE) provides quality customer service, coordinates and integrates internal personnel and outside alliances, and utilizes available resources to meet customer needs with the promotion of their product portfolio and company services. The NSE will drive sales strategy, develop strategic territory and account plans, and cultivate executive relationships to consistently meet revenue and growth objectives. Must be process oriented and have strong business acumen, including: sales forecasting, pipeline management and product differentiation capabilities.
- Regularly contact new and existing customers; identify customer needs and establish requirements for potential sale of new services.
- Participate in pre-sale activities for new business opportunities.
- Perform internal administrative activities for new and existing customers (legal agreement, create opportunity, submit startup sheet, etc.).
- Document all customer-related activities in Salesforce.com.
- Generate proposals and contracts for new and existing customers.
- Plan, schedule and conduct customer-related meetings, both internal and external.
- Create opportunities and maintain accurate forecast in Salesforce.com.
- Coordinate and schedule initial implementation of new services / programs sold.
- Keeping current on changing EH&S regulations and industry trends.
- Develop and maintain business plan to meet and/or exceed budgeted objectives.
- Creation of customer proposals and RFP responses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS or Business-related field
- 6-10 years of field sales experience
- Must have 2 - 3 years of experience selling software as a service (SaaS)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience selling solutions/products for multiple brands
- Intermediate to advanced skills using MS Office, Salesforce.com or another CRM
- Excellent time management and self-management skills
- Excellent customer management and sales cycle control skills
- Meet or exceed monthly individual sales goal on a consistent basis
- Maintain strategic territory and account plans for assigned territory
- Versed in Solution Selling methodologies or equivalent sales process
CHMM or knowledge of EHS regulations preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Travel is required up to 75%
- Valid driver’s license and provide company with proof of valid auto insurance