The Customer Service Technician is responsible for follow-up and support related to the online learning management system (LMS) and other proprietary software under the HSI family of brands (ASHI, MEDIC First Aid, 24-7 EMS and Fire, Summit Training Source, CLMI, Safetec and WorkSafe Canada).
- Answer incoming phone calls and emails from customers with questions on our online training programs. Support may include simple tasks such as password resets or a complete training on the use of the LMS.
- Research and resolve issues for clients and students who want to use the system more efficiently or who are struggling to understand the software operation.
- Use internal ticketing system to track and report issues for clients and students, and help improve documentation of client concerns.
- Take on special projects within the department, such as testing new software features or specializing in a particular area of support.
- Work with a specific group of high-priority accounts to ensure client issues are properly documented, researched and escalated for support.
- Work effectively with other departments or partners towards the best resolution for an issue.
- Provide management with details about issues that can be handled more seamlessly with modifications and/or process/operational improvements.
- Inform management and team about new developments that may impact current customer base.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Drive quality and integrity throughout the business while finding ways to help increase revenue.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of phone support experience, preferably in a high-volume call center.
- 1+ year(s) of technical experience preferred, especially Help Desk or ticketing system knowledge.
- Use or understanding of online learning management systems beneficial.
- Outstanding phone presence and ability to communicate clearly and simply when troubleshooting issues.
- Understanding of Internet technologies and a strong aptitude for training and problem solving.
- Proven track record of handling escalated client issues with positive resolution results.
- Strong writing and/or documentation skills.
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently and be productive even if no active assignments are assigned.
- Ability to prioritize a large amount of work and set realistic goals and deadlines for project completion.
- Ability to work well with others, both across departments and within a larger team.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Patience and understanding for customers that have various levels of computer experience.