Talk about an awareness month HSI can get behind…. June is National Safety Month, and, according to the National Safety Council, it’s a time to “focus on reducing leading causes of injury and death at work, on the road, and in our homes and communities.”
This year’s theme is “What I Live For,” and asks us to “engage in safe behaviors so we can live for what matters to us.”
The NSC encourages you to share your stories and can provide you with resources, such as posters, tip sheets, safety checklists, and an infographic, to help you and those around you to work together for the sake of safety.
Five Things You Can Do Right Now to Celebrate National Safety Month
- Recognize safety culture leaders in your workforce
- Consider adding off-the-job safety training to your corporate employee safety program
- Celebrate the safety success in your workplace, such as “Days Without an Incident,” public recognition for employee-generated safety ideas and improvements, etc.
- Open your CPR, AED, and first aid training to your whole workforce, not just those employees required to hold such certification
- Ask your CEO or other upper management leaders to mention the importance of safety when they address the company at your next organization-wide meeting
When safety remains a topic of conversation and holds a place of value in an organization, good safety practices tend to follow. Put up some of those posters, offer training that’s engaging and memorable, and always reward those best practices that help everyone get home safely at the end of every shift.
Need some help evaluating and improving your overall safety program? Our Summit Training Source experts are here to help. Did you know that we also offer site-specific onsite safety training & consulting? Based on your need, we'll coordinate a safety and health professional to come to your location to provide training for various industries and topics, as well as conduct site or corporate safety reviews to identify areas of risk, pre-audit review, inspections, and more – all while responding to any and all of your questions.
And, of course, if you’re looking for the very best in CPR and first aid training for your workforce, you’ve come to the right place. Let us help you find the ASHI and/or MEDIC First Aid Training Center near you!
Call us today at 800.447.3177 to learn more about onsite inspections and emergency care training.