Understanding the Top Ten most-cited violations as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is important when looking at the future of safety and reminds us to learn from the past in order to address these top violations for safer workplaces.
As found in Safety+Health magazine, the 2014 list is nearly the same as it has been in previous years, suggesting the hazards employers dealt with yesterday are the same hazards they will deal with tomorrow.
For the fourth year in a row, OSHA’s Fall Protection Standard (1926.501) is the agency’s most frequently cited violation. The entire list is as follows:
- Fall Protection in Construction (1926.501)
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200)
- Scaffolding in Construction (1926.451)
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134)
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178)
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147)
- Ladders in Construction (1926.1053)
- Electrical – Wiring Methods (1910.305)
- Machine Guarding (1910.212)
- Electrical – General Requirements (1910.303)
Ensuring you are in compliance with OSHA standards is a critical piece of your EH&S program. Training on these topics should not only be driven by compliance, as effective and proper training helps to keep your workers healthy, productive, and most importantly….alive.
We Can Help
From fall protection to electrical safety (as noted above), or anything in-between, Summit Training Source can help prevent these violations in 2015 and beyond with our course content and delivery options that were created for entire training curriculums. Choose from online, streaming video, classroom training sessions, DVD rental or purchase, or maybe some of each, to best suit your needs. Don’t forget that we have consulting services as well.